Advanced Automotive Battery Technology, Application and Market
Wednesday, June 20 to Friday June 22, 2012
AABC Europe 2012. AABTAM Symposium: Advanced Automotive Battery Technology, Application and Market - Session 2
Energy Storage for Micro-Hybrids
With the continuous introduction of micro-hybrids as a standard design in several European models, the momentum to expand commercialization of these vehicles in Europe is intensifying. In this session, automakers will present vehicle development and energy-storage requirements for micro-hybrids and energy-storage developers will present the latest achievements in meeting the requirements of micro-hybrid architectures.
Eckhard Karden, Technical Expert, Ford Research Aachen
Dr. Karden is Technical Expert for Battery & Energy Storage Technology at Ford's Corporate Research and Advanced Engineering Centre in Aachen, Germany. Since he joined Ford, he was responsible for numerous projects in the fields of powertrain electrification, battery modeling and monitoring, and storage technology assessment, with a main focus on micro-hybridization in 14V systems.
- Requirements for Next Generation Micro-Hybrid Batteries
Eckhard Karden, Technical Expert, Ford Research Aachen GmbH
- Enhanced Flooded Lead-Acid Battery for Micro-Hybrid Vehicles in Japan
Masaaki Hosokawa, Manager ISS Battery Development, GS Yuasa International Ltd.
- Lead-Acid Batteries in Vehicles with Various 12/14V Start/Stop Technologies
Eberhard Meissner, Director Advanced Battery Engineering, Johnson Controls Power Solutions EMEA
- An Energy Storage Solution For Next Generation Micro-Hybrid Systems
Jeff Phillips, Chief Technology Officer, PowerGenix
- Automotive Applications of Double Layer Capacitors (DLC) for Power Net Stabilisation, Boost and Recuperation Considering Lifetime, Temperature and Power Requirements
Markus Gilch, Senior Manager Power Net Electronics, Continental Automotive GmbH
- Evaluation of Li-Ion Batteries in 14V Architectures
Marc Thele, Technical Coordinator, Vehicle Electrical Energy Management, Audi AG
- Lithium-Ion Advances in Micro-Hybrid Applications
Jeff Kessen, Director of Global Automotive Marketing, A123 Systems