Large EC Capacitor Technology and Application
Tuesday, June 25 to Wednesday, June 26, 2013
AABC Europe 2013 - ECCAP Symposium: Large EC Capacitor Technology and Application - Session 2
New EC Capacitor Products and Business Development
ECCAP Session 2 reviewed new capacitor products and EC business development activity. Leaders from key companies discussed products and business development strategies as their expanded product offerings support growth of energy-efficient industrial, utility, and transportation-related energy storage systems.
Session Chairman:John R. Miller
, JME, Inc.
Dr. Miller is President of JME, Inc., a consulting firm specializing in ultracapacitor development, testing, and application. John is a well-known expert in ultracapacitor technology with 25 years of experience in the industry. In the past five years, prior to joining the AABC team, he has chaired the Advanced Capacitor World Summit.
- Electrochemical Flow Capacitor: A New Concept for Grid Scale Energy Storage
Prof. Yury Gogotsi, Director, A.J. Drexel Nanotechnology Institute, Drexel University
- Extended Product Portfolio for Market Specific Needs
Simona Vrabiescu, Product Marketing Specialist, Maxwell Technologies
- Critical Material Issues in EDLCs
Dr. Shrisudersan “Sudha” Jayaraman, Senior Research Scientist, Corning Incorporated
- Kuraray Activated Carbon for Electric Double Layer Capacitor (EDLC or Super capacitor)
Kiyoto Otsuka, Director of Research and Development, Kuraray Chemical Company
- Carbon's Call for Change: A Market Perspective from a Critical Component of the Supply Chain
Jenalle Brewer, Marketing Manager - Specialty Products, Calgon Carbon Corporation
- Improved ECCap Carbons
Rudyard Istvan, Chief Executive Officer, NanoCarbon, LLC
- Property, Performance, and Life of Today's Large-format Electrochemical Capacitors
John R. Miller, President, JME, Inc. and Case Western Reserve University